My sweetness


I took a nap...I had too. I allowed my son to watch a movie that was PG for the first time, so you'd think I'd stay up to monitor as much as I've got on my soapbox on this blog about kids and movies. I tried staying up to watch it with him, but my eyes just couldn't make it.

My husband's work schedule is always crazy, but lately, it's more than that. Hmmm...this used to be about my wornoutness due to my schedule and now it's from his plus mine. My husband's erratic schedule has caused some interruptions in my sleep, to say the least.

So when my son and I were on the soft comfy couch, the kind that sucks you in when you sit...it was too good to be true.

My five-year-old woke me up once to make him popcorn and it was like dragging a 100-pound weight to open my eyelids and even harder to make myself get up and walk to the kitchen.

After the movie was over, I woke up to silence. I didn't see my son anywhere and I wondered how long he'd been entertaining himself. I called for him and he came out of his room, where he was going through his toys to decide what to donate. (Of course, he decided to keep them all.) I noticed a half-eaten bag of popcorn laying behind my legs propped up against the pillows of the couch.

"Hey buddy, thanks for letting me sleep."
"Aww, no problem. You've been really good today, Mom. You deserved it. I even left you some popcorn to eat. You've been good, sweetie."

Awww...what a doll he is some days....most days. Even this morning at the ballpark as I was taking pictures of him and his teammates, he reached his little arm through the chain link fence to rub my back. He whispered, "I love you, Mom," in the most tender voice.

I am a blessed woman.

Comments

WaterLearner said…
One touching post!! Have a great weekend.
Anonymous said…
Oh how sweet!!!!!
Oh that is too sweet! It was good of him to let you sleep and not wake you. I think he tried a little reverse "pyschology" on ya though. Have a great day!
wfbdoglover said…
So sweet!! Sounds exactly like my son... :) Fortunately, he still tells me he loves me, and that I'm the best mom and yes... he still rubs by back!
Anonymous said…
How incredibly sweet is that?! What a great kiddo! :-)
Give that son an extra hug tonight! My son has such a place in my heart. I completely understand.
Kiara Sultan said…
I truly enjoyed this entry of yours,cause I can really relate to it.I'd say I'm guilty for being too tired at times,that I didnt keep my promise to my lil one(not on purpose).. Too wornout(I feel for you).And it touches me so much when they maturely understands and very thoughtful,even at such a young age.You are blessed and I'm glad we share the same kinda bliss :)

give the lil one a big kisss from Kiara..

rest well,too hun
Meg said…
That was so sweet! My son is still "that" little boy to me even to this day...
Stacy said…
very sweet
Anonymous said…
Oh My God... your son is sooooo sweet.
BusyDad said…
What a great kid. It's those out of the blue thoughtful things that they do that amazes me. You can teach skills, but heart? that just comes from within - and it makes all the toil so worthwhile. (and funny side note, the last time we did a donation review, the only things my kid wanted to donate were some happy meal toys.)

Popular posts from this blog

It's called a S-T-O-P sign for a reason people!

Facing Redemption

Mother's Day Surprise