Roller Queen

So I've not had long hair since college...note the pictures a couple post below this one. In the last 5 months, from my son's and husband's requests, I've grown it out to my shoulders. I have tried in years past, but no hair dresser could ever get it past that 'in between' stage, where I wanted to shave it all off because it started to drive me crazy.

Luckily in the last 4 years, I've had my wonderful hair dresser and friend, Rachel, at a salon down in South OKC. In the last 4 to 5 months, it's suddenly just gotten long! She styled and trimmed it in such a manner, that I never knew I was growing out. One morning I just woke up and it was long. I do have great genes in the hair and skin department so that helped it grow super fast, but Rachel is blessed with a gift.

So tonight my husband and I have a swanky dinner for his work. He was invited to the local country club because he won an award, which the recipients of get to attend this year end bash. Well....it's in February...but it's to honor those from 2007.

When I worked at this company, I won this honor two years in a row. So I'm going to wear my pin tonight on my outfit that will symbolize that I'm a "Publisher's Club" winner.

I don't usually get to get dressed up, and this post inspired me to pull out my curlers from the 80's/90's to give myself a little style tonight. However...I think these things hadn't been used in 15 years and were raring to get out. They kicked in overdrive and curled my hair like I was going to a pageant.

Luckily I have hair long enough to pull into a pony tail. I'm afraid to show you the before picture, b/c I may not get it up again looking half way decent. BUT I will say that the after ain't half bad!


14 comments

Popular Posts