Roller Queen

So I've not had long hair since college...note the pictures a couple post below this one. In the last five months, from my son's and husband's requests, I've grown it out to my shoulders. I have tried in years past, but no hairdresser could ever get it past that in-between stage, where I wanted to shave it all off because it started to drive me crazy.

Luckily in the last four years, I've had my wonderful hairdresser and friend, Rachel, at a salon down in South OKC. In the last five months, it's suddenly just gotten long! She styled and trimmed it in such a manner, that I never knew I was growing out. One morning I just woke up and it was long. I do have great genes in the hair and skin department so that helped it grow super fast, but Rachel is blessed with a gift.

So tonight my husband and I have a swanky dinner for his work. He was invited to the local country club because he won an award, which the recipients get to attend this year-end bash.

When I worked at this company, I won this honor two years in a row. So I'm going to wear my pin tonight on my outfit that will symbolize since I was a recipient as well.

Normally, I don't get to get dressed up, but this post inspired me to pull out my curlers from the '80s and '90s to give myself a little style tonight. However...I think these things hadn't been used in fifteen years and were raring to get out. They kicked in overdrive and curled my hair like I was going to a pageant.

Luckily I have hair long enough to pull into a ponytail. I'm afraid to show you the before picture, because I may not get it up again looking halfway decent. BUT I will say that the after ain't half bad!


Comments

Mahala said…
Awww So pretty!!
Mahala said…
Awww So pretty!!
Anonymous said…
Oooooohhhh... HOT Momma! It looks GREAT!
Anonymous said…
You look beautiful!! Have a wonderful time!! :-)
Kimberly McKay said…
Ahhh thanks. We had a greeeeaaaaat time! I got to see all my old bosses and some former co-workers. Mostly I was just so proud of my hubbie and his accomplishments that were recognized there last night.
Unknown said…
Put IT down! put IT down! LOL!
Bloghoppin'!
Here's my Guac recipe you asked about...

Bloghoppin!! And here’s that Guac Recipe. Quite simple really…

Peel 4 or 5 avocados and mash with a potato masher. Take 1 can of Rotel (drained), 8 ounces of sour cream, 1 small chopped onion, and mix with the mashed avocados. Season to taste with garlic salt, and add a couple squirts of lime juice to help keep the “Guac” from turning brown.

Always better when accompanied by a freshly poured margarita!!
Enjoy!!
Ty's Dad said…
Thanks for visiting our site and leaving a comment. That was sweet. Greetings from Texas the official land of Big Hair. You look great.
Anonymous said…
I think you look so beautiful.. and the color of your hair is stunning!!
Tara R. said…
I've been trying to grow out my hair for ages... maybe I need to come see your hair stylist. It looks lovely.
Rebecca said…
You look great! I know what you mean about that in between phase. My hair is due for a haircut but I'm trying to keep it shorter. Glad you had a great time with your hubby!
Kimberly McKay said…
Tara, when in OKC...I'll schedule you with Rachel. She's amazing.

Rebecca, I love your new doo! It's very pretty short.

Kim...thanks for the compliment...didn't know if you could see the color since it's a dark photo.

Ty's Dad...thanks for stopping by mine too!
Stacy said…
I used to have hair so long I could sit on it.

I will never do that again lol it's a lot of work
Kimberly McKay said…
In high school mine was down to my knees...so I know what you mean. My nickname was CrystalKim.
look how pretty you are!!

Popular posts from this blog

It's called a S-T-O-P sign for a reason people!

Facing Redemption

Mother's Day Surprise