How'd you ring it in?



Is it me or did Ryan Seacrest have some major bloodshot eyes going on last night? Who knows how hard he's been working or if it was due to work at all, since New Years is party central, but it was so distracting to both me and my husband. He kept hitting pause on our DVR, saying, "Look how glassy and red they are!" Although I was diggin' his tie! It was very '80s.

It also made me sad to watch Dick Clark. He's had so many surgeries, I'm sure. How else can his face be so smooth and his hands were so wrinkled? He seemed to still be sharp as a tack, but physically you can tell how he's breaking. He's such an icon, and I can't imagine New Year's without him on the tele! How old is he anyway? Does anyone know?

We were pretty boring last night...nothing exciting to ring the new year in. We sat like just another night and had our standard family routine. I put my son to bed a little more late than normal and tried to stay up to see the ball drop. Emphasis on TRIED...I couldn't make it. I had my husband record the last hour so that I could watch Natasha Bedingfield today.

So this year, we rang in the new year with normalcy...yawn! But, it was nice to just be at home with my loved ones. I'm sure each year that passes, as my son gets older, we'll have more to do with him. He knows it's 2008, but doesn't quite get it yet. In future years, we'll be celebrating as a family. I look forward to that.

How'd you all ring it in??

Comments

Unknown said…
Happy New Year!

My husband and I both fell asleep at about 11:20. Nothing exciting going on around here. Now we're celebrating by putting away all the decorations and cleaning house. ;-)
Rebecca said…
My parents were going to throw a Bunco party with friends & neighbors but plans changed so it was just the family playing different games. We put the kids to bed at the normal time and had the tv on in the background. When the clock struck 12 I snuck upstairs to avoid the kissing couples and then continued playing games. My stepmom and I scrapped a little and then went to bed way too late.

I didn't watch Dick Clark though I agree with you about how he looks, must have had some surgeries. Who knows what's up with Ryan but something about those three together just doesn't look right. Eh, oh well. Glad you got sleep last night!

Popular posts from this blog

It's called a S-T-O-P sign for a reason people!

Facing Redemption

Mother's Day Surprise