Now that Santa's come...


We've had such a full few days of drum playing, hockey stick swinging, lincoln log building, and leapster gaming. I think my son was so very well taken care of this year.

The first thing he did on Christmas morning was sneak in my room and whisper, "Hey I see a drum set by the tree...and it's red! Come see!" He couldn't contain himself and it was so sweet to see his excitement.

He's been playing for three days straight, and I'm loving it! My husband, who's also a drummer, has taught him some different drum rolls and beats. He's trying to play them the right way instead of just banging on them. He's so into being just like his daddy, who happens to love Phil Collins. Since I never put my son's face on my blogs, I substituted Phil's for my son's.

Little T (my son's nickname in blog land) also got some boxers just like his daddy. When we took him to see his aunt today, the first thing he did was pull his pants down to show her his boxers...and down came his boxers with the waistband of his pants. He said -- see my new boxers. My sister looked at me with a giggle. That's not all she saw. We quickly pulled up his drawers so he wouldn't feel a draft anymore. I hope he doesn't try that again.

Today I kept him home with me while I worked. We went to see a client together, and it was so nice to have him all to myself today. Although my job is slim pickin's when it comes to pay, no other job would give me the luxury of having my son with me when possible. I am very blessed today.

Now that Santa's come and my son has too many things to occupy his time, we're just looking forward to a healthy new year. He wants to cut out the numbers 2 - 0 - 0 - 8 to hang them on our wall for Monday night. He wants a party for just the three of us. And I think it sounds like a really good idea to have a party with just me, him, and daddy.

Comments

Anonymous said…
You are very blessed. Your son is such a darling! I hope 2008 brings you much happiness!
Anonymous said…
This photo is HILARIOUS!! I burst out laughing. How sweet. You can't hurry love, NO, you just have to wait, she said love don't easy, it's a game of give or take. How long must I wait? Oh. .... I love phil Collins too. I'm going over to youtube right now! Much joy to you. here's to release & health.
Rebecca said…
How fun! Looks like a great drum set! Glad you got to hang out with your little man today (I cracked up at the boxers incident!) Happy New Year!
Momo Fali said…
We've had a tradition of hanging out with our kids on New Year's Eve, ever since my daughter was born and we toasted away 1998 in the neonatal intensive care unit with sparkling apple cider. It's been a really special time for us ever since, and a party without my kids around wouldn't be much fun!
Have a great 2008 and for speedy referrals for everyone... take care and keep safe...

Popular posts from this blog

Facing Redemption

It's called a S-T-O-P sign for a reason people!

Never know what you're gonna get...