Christmas Hangover

Today has been such a blur. Yes, I'm back and work but it's been such a daze. I worked from my home office today, and my caretaker picked my son up around 10:35 am. So I had a solid morning time with my son today and administrative catch-up time for work.

Seriously though...who wants to hear from a salesperson the day after Christmas? So I took lunch around noon, then tried to follow up with obtaining paperwork my company needs to get some accounts finalized this week. Notice the word...tried...in that last sentence. :)

Today feels so hazy...not that the real reason for the season wasn't my focus this week, but after days of music, lights, sugar, and crazy running around....I'm pooped and ready for a vacation. I'm sure I represent 99.9% of all working moms out there today!

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas with your families, and you're all looking forward to 2008! What resolutions are you planning?

Here is my number one challenge to myself:
#1---start a work out regimen...not to lose weight, as I'm a thin girl...but to take better care of my body for my self and my future. I want to make sure I'm fit for my future self and my son so that he's not left to take care of me in a debilitated state. I want to be that spry 90-year old that still tickin'. I need to MAKE myself exercise to help my cardiovascular, skeletal, and mental state.

Okay now that I've eaten all the chocolate fudge in the house, my next step is to start my way out of my Christmas hangover into a moderate workout. I will chart my process here to make sure I stick with it!

Comments

Momo Fali said…
I'll be checking in on you!

I have to do this myself. I started last January and worked out every other day, without fail. Then, I got a concussion in September, and when I recovered from that, I got a pinched nerve. I've regained all the weight I lost earlier this year, and I'm so sad about it.

Of course, I read your post while eating a Twix bar my husband put in my stocking. I may want to start by putting down the candy!
Anonymous said…
Ok I am in the same boat..I'm not a single mom but I wannna get back into the workout regimen a bit...I will check back to see how your doing....but I will wait till the hangover is completely cured....:):):)
Anonymous said…
I too hope to get to taking better care of myself in 2008. And in need of a vacation as I am a full time working mom too so I totally hear your pain.

I will check back with your blog to be inspired to get fit.. :)
Rebecca said…
Oh girl even us non working moms felt that hangover. My son had a fever yesterday, the girl wasn't feeling so hot & my sinuses are still giving me grief in this dry climate. I hope you get back into your routine. And I hear ya on the work out regimine. I don't struggle with my weight either so people look at me like I'm nuts (or worse) for wanting to work out.

Popular posts from this blog

It's called a S-T-O-P sign for a reason people!

Facing Redemption

Mother's Day Surprise