Little eyes on you

So you can tell I've not been blogging as regularly! I've had so much going on and haven't had the time to sit...let alone sit and blog.

Quick recap:
Great week and weekend so far. Today I only had twenty-six kids in my children's church class. Most of you are thinking, Only? LOL.

They're all four and a half to five years old and awesome. It's such a great feeling to see these little people light up when they see you.

This morning, I told them a silly story of how I was pulled over by a cop recently. The bible verse we went over taught showing respect, to those God, placed in authority, even when we really didn't want to. I explained that I was angry that I got pulled over because I wasn't speeding.

 Long story short, I explained that because I showed him respect he was respectful in return. I told how I wasn't speeding but still got a warning because my license plate's sticker was expired. I looked around at these little faces, and their eyes were wide with wonder.

I went on to say that no one should show disrespect to those in authority, especially not the police. I think one little girl said, 'yah-cuz he could get mean and arrest you!'

These little children are so adorable, and I'm so blessed to be a part of their lives at this stage in their lives.

Comments

Momo Fali said…
They're blessed to have you!
Anonymous said…
You are a saint!
Sleeping Beauty said…
That is so sweet! I bet they just love having you.

And at least you show them respect when you get pulled over. I just cry my eyes out, lol. But, I have not gotten pulled over for awhile so that might not work anymore!
Rebecca said…
I haven't been blogging as much lately either. Glad the cop showed you mercy & only gave you a warning. Hope things settle down for you, unless being uber busy is a good thing.
WaterLearner said…
Hi,

Have not seen you for quite a while. Guess this WornOutSuperWoman is doing super fine huh!!
Joeprah said…
I taught 1st grade Sunday school with my wife one year and I still remember it fondly although it was some 12 years ago. Wow! Those kids are out of high school now! Glad to hear that story it brought back memories. Also, glad to hear you are progressing in fine form. Check you later on!

Popular posts from this blog

It's called a S-T-O-P sign for a reason people!

Facing Redemption

Mother's Day Surprise