Worn Out 'Man'



This weekend kicks off a lot of things most notably is the end of summer. Kids are back in school, the leaves will start turning, and football season is upon us!

Thousands of men and women across the country will trek to their stadiums, or safely cheer from their couch, and pursue the football spirit for yet another season. My husband, one of those who faithfully never misses a game, has season tickets to OU games. Today is their first game, which he coincidentally has to work at. He's the promotions director, for a local company in town, which has an event in Norman at every home game. So not only does he have to get down there extremely early, but then he'll stay the whole game and then fight the traffic for the long drive home.

Each year I feel like a football widow. This year that's going to intensify with his new responsibilities on game days. Although I also cheer my teams on, OU and the Washington Redskins, I'm definitely not one of those who has to chant and cheer on sight.

My sister and husband attend every OU game and love it. I think it's great how much they enjoy it. I just feel that my son doesn't get enough parenting time as it is since his mom and dad both have to work full time, so I'm not going to sacrifice my time with him when I can watch it on TV.

I really hope my husband can get his work schedule under control a little more. Lately, he's been putting in about 15 hour days, and it's an office job, where everyone else works from 7 - 6pm. I think he's quickly becoming the wornoutman.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Thanks for your kind comment at my place - hope things settle down and become a little more relaxed for your family soon!
I vote for everyone taking next week off. You can't fire the whole country!
Kimberly McKay said…
Amen to that!
Rebecca said…
My husband likes football - we're 49er fans over here. I know, I know - they haven't been doing great but what can I say we're faithful. Though he likes it he doesn't watch all the time. I'm sure if he were home during the season we'd try to get in a game at the Titans stadium being so close. My hubby is more into the UFC stuff which is better than the fake drama overload wrestling.

And 15 hour days? I hope his schedule can get more controlled also. That's just terrible!
Fruity said…
Thanks for dropping by. Now I understand why, your title! Take it easy. Life is like a roller-coaster and balancing on the pole. You got a good sense of humor. Cheers from Fruity
Unknown said…
Go Buckeyes! i trust your husband is able to attain some balance for his sake!

Popular posts from this blog

It's called a S-T-O-P sign for a reason people!

Facing Redemption

Mother's Day Surprise