Surgery? What surgery?

This morning was pretty easy. We had two people come by the waiting room, from our church, to pray with us over our son. I already had a peace that he wouldn't have any issues from the anesthetics. My mom is highly sensitive to it and almost hasn't woken up from it a few times. We weren't sure how my son would react.

Giving him his sleep meds...whatever they were...was pretty funny. I saw my son at four stoned from the meds, which was funny but disturbing at the same time. The reality hit when the nice nurse walked out with him, and he slurred, "Hey, yooou guyzzz. Wuhhaait fer mmee rrright hr."
Translation....he wanted us to wait for him to get out in our pre-op room.

All in all, it took 45 minutes or so. The nurse even called me from the surgical room when my son was put under to reassure me that everything was going smoothly. The other mothers in the room all commented that they wished their doctors would have done the same thing for them. I thought it was extremely considerate of my doctor to make sure his staff handled everything with as much professionalism as they did. They all were fantastic at informing us every step of the way.

We had a little issue with his oxygen levels when he came out of surgery, so they called me back to hold him in the post-op room. As soon as he felt my embrace, even as out of it as he was, he calmed and started breathing well.

We got home at 10ish and he slept till noon. Murphy's law...he was awake the whole time and as soon as I got him settled and sleepy again is when FedEx and UPS decided to ring the doorbell with a delivery. The dog started barking twice in thirty minutes and I had no one home to put a sign on the door...so all I could do is hold him and hope he'd sleep.

It's 9:18 p.m. and he's gotten progressively better all day, which is what's expected. My favorite part of the day is when he started saying, "Mom, I can hear so much better now! And I can breathe!" He smiled in amazement and took a deep breath in and out of his nose and continued, "See! And I can hear now!"

Thank the Lord for the continued watch over me and my family!!

Comments

Tam said…
So very glad to hear your little one is doing good! He can hear!!!

I bet you're feeling much better too now that it's over!

My father in law has his surgery first thing in the morning. I will post about it asap.

Thank you so much for your prayers...it was an honor to pray for your little one =)
Rebecca said…
I'm so glad things went well. Happy recovery to the little guy!
Kimberly McKay said…
Me too...this morning he's already telling me how much better he's hearing than yesterday even. And he's wanting to go outside....good signs!
WaterLearner said…
Hi!

It's good to hear that he is getting better! Have Strength! I will drop by your blog regularly to walk with you!

God Bless!
Anonymous said…
I'm happy to hear that all went well and that your little one will feel so much better now!
Kimberly McKay said…
He's pretty worn out tonight...just like his mom. He went to bed early, which he never ever does. So...he's probably just needing some extra rest.
Kimberly McKay said…
UPDATE: He's running a low grade fever at 100 degrees. If it hits 101 or higher, we'll have to go back to the doctor.

Popular posts from this blog

Facing Redemption

Never know what you're gonna get...

It's called a S-T-O-P sign for a reason people!