Boot Scootin' Baby

Friday night was my sister's birthday party, which was held at an old haunt of mine. It's since changed hands and is under a new name, Club Rodeo, but it's still the same old place. A few things have changed, like the location of the dance floor. They've added a bullpen at the end, for live bull riding. The crowd last night was a little older, but it's the same ol' place. In fact, I almost could dictate what song would be played from hour to hour...country then rock...country then dance music. It was fun!

I hadn't two-stepped for about ten years, but it was like riding a bike. I danced with our friends all night as my husband left a little early to go get our son. I stayed to spend the night out on the town with my best friend and sister. She's one and the same!
And although I'm still sleepy today...it was well worth it! It was great being there with loved ones and friends. I loved experiencing it as a 30-something, happily married girl.

I think the funniest part of the night was when I went to the bathroom. As I was in there, I started having those occasional 20-something flashbacks to when I was in there primping in the mirror to make sure I looked my best. In my mind, I saw my best friend Whit and I sharing lipstick and checking ourselves to make sure we were suitable to make the walk back out of the ladies' room to re-enter the meat market.

Ten years later...and this time it was just me...and all I had to do was go pee. I wasn't there in a desperate rush to empty my full bladder from all the beer to get back in time for a line dance. I was just there to do my business and get back to my husband, who always loves the way I look. Plus, I didn't do a drunk wobble back to our section of the bar, as I stayed within my two-drink limit.

It was great to revisit my old stompin' grounds. Who knew ten plus-years later I'd be in that same bar as a totally different girl?

Comments

Rebecca said…
Sounds like you had a great time. Happy birthday to your sister.
Anonymous said…
How fun! I'm glad you got some time out to let loose and have a good time.
Kimberly McKay said…
Yeah....my one night a year that I get to have just to have fun! :)
Rebecca said…
LOL! You were correct, the cards were put through the wash. No poker night though, that would have made it more fun. Just missed checking a pocket while doing laundry.

Popular posts from this blog

Facing Redemption

It's called a S-T-O-P sign for a reason people!

Never know what you're gonna get...