Home on the range






I'm home and bushed. I walked for two days in my heels in the rain and drove over 500 miles. I got a lot accomplished for work, and I am glad I went. The best part was visiting family nearby.

I loved spending the night at my grandparent's home. I hadn't been there since my grandfather's death in 2000. That town holds so many haunting memories for me that it had always been hard to even think about returning. It was good to visit my grandmother and get some closure on that chapter in my life as well. It was healing on so many levels.

The drive between multiple towns was extremely relaxing. I took many photographs which you can see on my flicker site, but I'll post a few for fun. The only sad part was all the flooding. Oklahoma has had a lot...I mean a lot of rain, so driving held a lot of areas that were underwater. Thankfully the highway I was on was over some of the newly formed lakes that settled onto the low ground.

I took lots of pictures of my dad's home town so I can scrapbook them. Some day those will much more of a treasure. I will post more at a later date....very tired and need sleep. My grandmother's grandfather clock donged through midnight, right outside my room, and kept me up.

Comments

Jeremy Jacobs said…
Looks bit boring to me.
Kimberly McKay said…
Trust me it was. If it weren't for work and my grandmother, I wouldn't have chosen to go. That's why I took so many pics to give me something fun to do! LOL!
Anonymous said…
Well Jeremy Jacobs, what do you do that's so exciting?!
Anonymous said…
I'm honoring you with an award. Come pick it up: http://territerri.com/?p=484
Rebecca said…
I love the train photo. Sorry the trip was so boring but sounds like seeing family well made up for it.

Popular posts from this blog

It's called a S-T-O-P sign for a reason people!

Facing Redemption

Mother's Day Surprise