Back from Savannah


I got home Thursday morning after 2:00 a.m. and was never so glad to touch the ground. Although my trip was awesome, after four days I was ready to see my family. Plus...with all the storms we were delayed in Cincinnati for over four hours. I was pooped!

Savannah was one of the most beautiful cities I've ever been to. The architecture and design were amazing. The history was powerful. The soul of the city was enveloping!

My co-worker and I stayed at 'The Mansion at Forsythe Park' in the heart of Savannah, across from Forsythe Park. The picture of our 4-star room is above. It was totally girly in hot pink and white. It was a very artistic hotel that had THE most heavenly beds I've ever slept in.

We had a lot of solo time during the day, which led us to Tybee Beach or napping/shopping. I haven't napped since my son was two! It was awesome!

At night we had dinner and cocktails with others that flew in for the board of directors meeting. Sarah, my co-worker, and I hung out with about thirty-five others...mingling and having the best time.

As a group, we took a historic tour via bus through the city. It took us through the squares that are set all throughout historic downtown, and throughout the riverside area. The tour director pointed out all the famous homes and gave great historic commentary but she kept giving too much personal information. I didn't really care how many private parties she held in each house.

Other than that...the tour was the most amazing experience. I plan on watching 'Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil' now...just to see the sights again. If you've never been you could pop it in....or watch 'Forrest Gump' with Tom Hanks or 'Something to Talk About' with Julia Roberts. Those were two other films that showcased some beautiful scenery from Savannah. I loved that city and want to take my family back to visit someday.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Sounds like a wonderful trip! I really got the picture when you mentioned the movie, "Something to Talk About." I remember thinking how beautiful and historic the scenery was in that movie.
Kimberly McKay said…
It was so beautiful....we even got to see where that film was made. The tour guide drove us by the home and bar where most scenes were shot.
Rebecca said…
Can I go live in that hotel room? It looks awesome. Glad the trip was fun and had beautiful scenery.

Popular posts from this blog

It's called a S-T-O-P sign for a reason people!

Facing Redemption

Mother's Day Surprise