a date night


Last night, my husband and I had a long-overdue date night! It was so nice to have some couple time with no interruptions from our four-year-old. Not that we don't love spending all our time with him, but we also have to have our individual time together to keep our marriage alive. We also double dated with my sister and her boyfriend. While we were waiting for them to arrive, I walked around the lake and shot my favorite scenery. 

My husband was so patient with me while I toted the camera around and asked him to dutifully carry my camera bag and accessories. He's got to be the sweetest guy to put up with me and my goofy obsessions.

My husband and I don't do date nights as often as we should. For the last four years, I've felt guilty for leaving my son with my sitter (my mom), but last night was the first night I didn't even think about calling to check on him. In fact, when 10:00 p.m. rolled around and my husband asked if I'd called my mom yet, I gave him the deer in the headlights look. 

I forgot to call her...Wow! Amazing! And you know...I didn't even feel guilty about it. Our little one was in good hands, and if my mom needed us she would call.

We had dinner at Red Rock by the lake and watched the sun go down. I took my camera and shot as many pictures as I could. The one to the right is one I took on the night function with my camera. Afterward, we found a spot out on the patio and listened to live music. We got to have 4 whole hours to socialize like grown-ups! It was so relaxing. I felt like I was on the beach somewhere and made me miss my island home.

The only bad thing was when 4:30 a.m. rolled around and my son woke up in his own bed. He stayed asleep last night when I picked him up and drove him home. So, when he woke up in his own surroundings he cried for 30 minutes to go back to Nana's for 'the whole night'. Next time, we'll set up a sleepover for him.

Comments

Rebecca said…
Sorry I'm late on commenting, haven't been browsing as much lately. The pictures are great and I'm so glad you and your hubby got some time out sans the kids. Me & my hubby don't do that nearly as often as we should.

Popular posts from this blog

Facing Redemption

It's called a S-T-O-P sign for a reason people!

Never know what you're gonna get...