I'm such a dork!

My husband has worked in the media, and more specifically the music business, for quite some time. He has access to concerts, and meet and greets to most any show that rolls into town. This time he planned on taking me to Rod Stewart, who isn't one of my favorites but I know my husband really likes him. So I wanted to go to in order to give him a night out!

If you've read the last few blogs, you already know I've had an upper respiratory thing going on. I'm coughing enough to make you cringe, and knew I wouldn't be good company for tonight's show. Long story short, he put an email out at his office to multiple departments to see if anyone wanted to go out with him to tonight's show.

The only respondent was a single, cute, young female that although is engaged to be married is still none the less...single. I completely trust my husband! I know he loves me and would never cheat on me, but it still made me uncomfortable that he'd be spending time with someone other than me. Now let me clarify, that if one of my female legally unattached friends wanted to go with him...I wouldn't care! But I didn't know this girl that wanted to go with my husband to hear Rod Stewart croon love songs! I am being a complete dork in feeling this way, but I was a little jealous!

I'm so lucky I have such a good-natured husband. I told him how I felt and he chuckled, "Baby you're so cute!" He called his work friend back and told her he couldn't take her, which made me feel so much better.

I normally don't care where my husband goes, or who he's with, because I know he's in love with me and always comes home to me! But for some reason...I was a jealous female in spades today!

Comments

Rebecca said…
Thanks for visiting my blog. I like yours, and the one on wordpress. I totally get what you are talking about here, I would have felt the same way. It sounds like you enjoyed growing up in the military. My husband recently joined so we are just starting our adventures. If you don't mind I'd like to link to your blog.

Rebecca
Mommy's Getaway said…
I totally know what you thinking here (and feeling!)! I would be very jealous too. In fact, I have been very jealous when my hubby's (now ex, thank goodness!) FEMALE, SINGLE, co-workers, would invite him to go out to a bar after a long day's work. I don't think so! HA! (And by the way, thank you soooo much for the comment on my blog - means a lot to me!)
Ang said…
I understand how you feel. I would feel the same although I totally trust my husband.

That is so sweet that he cancelled for you though! That says so much about how much he loves and respects you! What a great guy!
Anonymous said…
I probably would have felt like you did. There is no explaining it. I think it is natural.

So who is he going with?>
Kimberly McKay said…
He actually went with his mom! :)
domestika said…
Sometimes "fessing up" is the best way to handle a fit of silly jealousy, eh? You know, before it festers and grows...
Kimberly McKay said…
So true. It's funny...after almost 7 years of marriage, I've never had any feelings like that. BUT something just made me feel very possessive of him for some reason!

Popular posts from this blog

Facing Redemption

Never know what you're gonna get...

It's called a S-T-O-P sign for a reason people!