Skip to main content

Anxiety

You ever hear Pat Benatar's song in the 80's? Anxiety...it's got me on the run!

That's how I've felt a little this last week. Although I left my 'leaves nothing to be desired' sales job last month to start my photography business, I also need something supplemental to keep me going until my dream supports our financial reality.

So...I'm working in the health care industry with the senior market to help those 65 and older understand medicare and their options. Medicare contracts this company I work for to contact these people to help explain their benefit options and opportunities. The problem is I'm seeing mostly people in undesired parts of town. I literally drove off from some appointments last week, not wanting to walk into these houses. Although the homes I've been in have been okay, you can never be too careful...and I need to listen to my gut when something is wrong. So if I feel the need to drive off, then there's something to that.

Last week I drove to an appointment, and drove by a low income housing complex. There was a bare chested skinny dude in a trash dumpster outside his apartment, staring at who knows what. And some fat lady smoking a cig was on her porch, in a house dress, sat there watching him. Not that this is a dangerous scenario, because it's not...but who does that???

I can control some of this by only dialing those in better neighborhoods, but the anxiety of it all is getting to me. It's creating a desire in me to walk away from this opportunity and I can't afford that luxury. Not only did I pass my state insurance exam, which wasn't cheap, but I've invested time with the company...I'm not a quitter!

I can't imagine another opportunity that would allow me to take care of my son on my own schedule...

So pray that I figure out my options. The next couple days will be spent with another representative on his calls as a ride a long for training purposes. He's a former Marine, with a gun...so I feel safe with him.

BUT when it's time to go solo I better have my feelings sorted out about this.

If only my photography business would just pick up substantially so I wouldn't have to deal with any of the other 'stuff'. I am getting ready to run some ads so maybe it will.

POST NOTE-To respond to some of the comments left already:

I've been praying. I know God me in His hands, that I'm sure of. I just don't know what path He wants me on. If it's this job, than the anxiety will fade. If it's not, then the anxiety kicks in with....what path then? Which of course, I know He'll reveal in His own time...I just wish I had a look at His watch from time to time.
10 comments

Popular posts from this blog

Undercover Boss Eye Opener

This past week I watched Undercover Boss, which featured Retro Fitness and one employee in particular, who got fired.  Normally Undercover Boss shows a few employees, with great stories and good work ethic, and sometimes there may be a few problem employees.

In this last issue, it seems all anyone is talking about is that one problem employee, named Jacqueline, who was a shining example of what bad attitudes are really about, and was about as bad as they come.

Jacqueline, who on the outside, seemed like a clean cut decent person until she opened her mouth to speak.  And this girl wasn't just rude ... she was abusive to everyone around her. 

As if it wasn't bad enough that she was completely unprofessional and had no compassion for anyone around her at work ... she then turned into the flippant, defensive, careless girl, who talked back to the CEO of the company when he tried to explain his grievances with her.  She passionately denied anything he was trying to explain to her, …

Brian Naranjo - A Celebrated Man

It's Saturday...

It's Saturday, and at this very moment a few hundred miles north of me, my friend is grieving the loss of her husband.

It's Saturday and this week has felt like an eternity.  I've moved through this week with such a heavy heart.

And I feel guilty for being trapped in this fog of sorrow, as I'm not the one who lost my life long partner of over 20 years. I'm not the one who just got my husband back from Afghanistan, only to lose him to an unexpected death.


I can not fathom how my friend is coping, walking step by step through the process of burying her soul mate at the tender young age of 39.

Brian Naranjo would have been 40 years old on February 29th, 2012. Brian Naranjo would have his whole life ahead of him.  He would have been celebrating a marquis year, when you're supposed to reflect on where you've come and what you have left to do. 

In reading his Facebook wall, as I'm inexplicably drawn to it, I've read the many memo…

No, Dude! I Really Don't Want to See That!

Yesterday was one for the books ... 
I was in a meeting with a sales manager at a car dealership, which was almost coming to a close when someone from the lobby alerted the manager that someone had driven up on the lot.  From the look on his face, I could tell that whoever this person was - was not exactly welcome.
He promptly apologized and excused himself so that he could deal with the person we'll call 'Dude'.  Within seconds I heard Dude and could tell that he was high maintenance from the commotion in the lobby.  He had not only shown up in a test drive truck but had a ton of his belongings inside and a trailer hitched to the back.
Patiently, I waited inside hoping that whatever went down wouldn't be a 'situation' as the energy felt in the dealership was a bit heightened.
A few minutes later, the manager returned to process a paperwork for Dude when Dude stepped into the inner office for a quick question.  I smelled him before I saw him as smoke rolled in…